BG Tanzania International Postgraduate Scholarship to Study in the UK 2015-2016
Deadline: March 1, 2015
British Council Tanzania is now accepting applications for the BG Tanzania International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for Geoscience and Engineering, which is aimed at Tanzanian graduates who want to complete their postgraduate education in the UK and access future employment opportunities in the energy and related sectors.
The scheme offers Tanzanian graduates the opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at universities in the UK, with a focus on specific geoscience and engineering courses that are particularly relevant for Tanzania’s emerging natural gas and related sectors. Covering a range of 30 taught courses at four UK universities, the scheme is funded by BG Tanzania and administered by the British Council Tanzania.
- Scholarship awards are granted for a maximum period of 12 months, for courses starting in September 2015.
- The awards are comprehensive, covering academic tuition fees and related administrative expenses, registration fees, field work costs, living expenses, a return airfare, support with visa applications, and pastoral care while in the UK.
- The emerging natural gas sector will offer attractive employment opportunities for Tanzanian citizens with the relevant technical skills.
- Upon successful completion of one of the courses included in the scheme, beneficiaries have the potential to qualify for participation in the BG Group’s International Graduate Programme.
- Beneficiaries will also be well equipped to access employment opportunities with other energy companies and companies involved in the energy sector’s supply chain.
- be a Tanzanian national
- be able to meet the relevant course entry requirements set by the participating universities (please consult the university and websites for details)
- have completed a relevant graduate degree in geoscience, engineering or a related subject area
- be able to demonstrate an adequate standard of English language comprehension.
How to Apply
- Download and fill in the application (below).
- Email your completed form for the September 2015 intake before 15 March.
For more information, visit BG Tanzania International Postgraduate Scholarship.