The University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program in Kashiwa (Financial Aid Available)
Deadline: February 10, 2015
The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences invites applications for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program in Kashiwa (UTSIP Kashiwa). UTSIP Kashiwa is a seven-week summer program for academically motivated undergraduate students that provides hands-on research internship opportunities in the fields of natural sciences and social sciences and offers lectures from the world-leading researchers at GSFS.
UTSIP Kashiwa, organized by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, provides a hands-on research internship program in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Sustainability Sciences, and among others.
All participants will be assigned to a laboratory in which he/she is interested to work and will conduct a research project under the guidance of a faculty member or senior graduate students. Participants will also experience Japanese culture and world-leading Japanese technology through weekend events and a field trip.
The University of Tokyo provides scholarship and accommodation for participants.
UTSIP provides a UTSIP scholarship to participants that includes
- Scholarship for living expenses (JPY 110,000)
- Partial subsidy for your air flight (up to JPY 50,000)
When participants are selected, a UTSIP scholarship is also secured.
- Those who are in their undergraduate study at an overseas university, and who are interested in matriculating to graduate level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants must participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
- Participants must have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate coursework by the start of a UTSIP program.
How to Apply
- To apply, visit the how to apply page.
For more information, visit the University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program.