2015 Technovation Challenge For Girls
Deadline: February 15 (registration), April 23 (submission), 2015
Technovation 2015 is a mobile software development challenge targeted towards girls. The mission of Technovation is to empower young women to use technology to make the world a better place. In 2014, 1,500 girls from around the globe developed 362 mobile apps, making Technovation the largest global technology entrepreneurship programme for girls.
The theme of this year’s challenge is to create an app to address a community problem or issue. Teams will define the community issue as part of the curriculum steps before defining their solution.
Technovation encourages the use of MIT App Inventor for beginners to develop mobile app prototypes for Android devices. However, final app submissions may be developed on any platform including iOS, Google Glass, and Windows phones. Submissions must be developed and designed for mobile devices.
- Open to girls worldwide
- Participants must be 18years or younger
- In addition to the Participants, Technovation Teams may also include one or more Technovation Teachers and Technovation Mentors.
- $20k in seed funding.
- receive feedback on their app submissions from official judges
How to Enter
- Create an account at Technovation
- Have the appropriate consent forms signed. Send the signed consent forms to [email protected] Subject lines must formatted as “Technovation consent form: ‘Student Name/DOB/Location’.”
- Complete the pre-survey.
- Attach yourself to a team.
A complete submission from a team consists of the following items.
- App source code (can be developed in Android, iOS, or Windows)
- Up to 4-minute video pitch (upload to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link)
- Up to 2-minute app demo video (upload to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link)
- Business plan (pdf)
- Team photo (with mentor and teacher included, if possible) for each team
- 100-word app description
- Completion of post-survey
Note: Any person of any age and any gender is welcome to use and complete the Technovation Curriculum, which is free and available to all at Technovation Challenge.
For more information, visit TechnovationChallenge