Agribusiness Africa Window (AAW) -Funding For AgriBusinesses in Africa
Deadline: February 28, 2015
The 2nd round of the Agribusiness Africa Window (AAW) is now open for business applications.The AECF AAW Round 2 will support business ideas in the fields of agribusiness, financial services and value chains which extend across Africa and international markets. Business ideas that qualify for funding must have positive impact on the rural poor: delivering increased employment reduced costs and improved productivity.
The AECF is supported by the governments of Australia, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom, as well as the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
Applications must meet the following criteria
- an agribusiness operating, or planning to operate, in an African country.
- a business idea that combines commercial success with a positive impact on hundreds or thousands of poor farmers.
- a business introducing an innovation and planning to do something that has not been done in your country before.
- a business planning to invest, or expand investments, in crop, livestock or aquaculture production, processing, packaging, marketing, or exports.
- a financial institution planning to engage in the agricultural sector, or an information provider for farmers or agribusinesses.
About $28 million dollars funds are available for Agribusiness across Africa.
- Register your business by providing your contact details, some information about your company and a valid email address. Register here
- Read and accept the AECF Terms and Conditions that are standard for all AECF competitions.
- Once you are registered, you will be able to download the AAWR2 application form template and the guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
- Fill and submit documents to [email protected]