UNIDO Course on Green Industry (Fully-Funded for Applicants From Developing Countries)
Deadline: February 20, 2015
The UNIDO Institute for Capacity Development, together with the Central European University (CEU) in Budapest, is organizing its Summer Course on Green Industry “Pathways Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development”. The course will consist of a preliminary one-month online course and a two-week in-residence training at CEU. Participation in the course is fully funded by UNIDO for applicants from developing countries.
The e-learning part includes a number of readings, facilitated online discussions, case studies and an online test, to ensure that participants share a common knowledge in the topic. The number of participants for the in-residence part of the course is limited to 25 persons. Participants will be selected based on their performance in the online part of the course. Gender and geographic balance will be taken into consideration
The course is targeted at young professionals in the fields of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP), members of non-governmental organizations involved in environmental advocacy, and PhD students with a background in technical or policy related studies in Green Industry. It addresses individuals in industry or in institutions assisting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with the implementation of RECP methods, environmental management systems (EMS), low carbon measures and eco-designs.
- PhD students focused on technical and/or policy aspects of green industry. (Undergraduates without a university degree will not be considered.)
- Emerging, second-in-line young leaders in the public or private sector responsible for managing policy or operations related to Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP).
- Members of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), involved in environmental advocacy and staff from industry, support institutions responsible for giving advice/counsel to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) on RECP methodologies, environmental management systems (EMS), low carbon measures, eco-design, etc.
- Women & candidates from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. Furthermore, all applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for full financial support from UNIDO (including travel, accommodation and catering).
Course Date: 29 June – 10 July, 2015
Participants of the course will
- reflect on the technical requirements of green industrial development as well as on the strategies, policies, laws and regulations necessary for its successful implementation;
- examine institutional platforms for the promotion and dissemination of resource efficient and cleaner production methods and economically viable, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable technologies;
- develop strategies for a Green Industry in line with socioeconomic and environmental goals and targets.
- Completed online SUN Application Form.
- Full curriculum vitae or resume, including list of publications, (if any).
- Statement of Purpose.
- A copy of an English language proficiency certificate (if available)
Please visit Financial Information section to learn about the financial costs associated with the course.