MILEAD Fellowship Program for Young African Women 2015
Deadline: March 20, 2015
The Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa (Moremi Initiative) is now accepting applications for the 2015 Moremi Initiative Leadership Empowerment and Development (MILEAD) Fellows Program. The MILEAD Fellowship will be awarded to 25 outstanding young women who have exhibited leadership potential in their community, organization, and/or profession.
The MILEAD Fellows Program is a one-year leadership development program designed to identify, develop and promote emerging young African Women leaders to attain and succeed in leadership in their communities. The one-year program targets dynamic young women interested in developing transformational leadership skills that help them tackle issues affecting women and girls in their communities. The MILEAD Program equips Fellows with the world class knowledge, skills, values and networks they need to succeed as 21st century women leaders.
Please note that this one year program is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may remain full time students or work full time for the program duration, except during the 3–week summer institute. The 3-week summer institute is an intensive and full-time residential program and all fellows will be required to attend. The rest of the program involves community-based, online and other distance activities.
To participate you must:
- Be a young African woman (between 19 and 25 years of age);
- Be living on the continent or in the Diaspora;
- Demonstrate leadership potential and promise
- Show track record of interest in service to the community
- Demonstrate high academic potential- with ability to participate in vigorous under-graduate level program
- Have a working knowledge of the English language
- Outstanding personal qualities, including openness to interpersonal and multicultural experiences
Applicants must agree to participate in all required activities related to MILEAD – beginning with a three-week residential Summer Institute in Ghana; and commit to a community change project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following materials by the application deadline of Friday March 20, 2015:
- Completed 2015 MILEAD Fellows Application Form
- Resumé/Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic contacts
- Please submit all materials by email as part of your application. Send any additional materials to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review program and application guidelines carefully, before completing your application.
For more information, visit MILEAD Fellowship Program.