International IDEA 20th Anniversary Essay Competition – Win an Internship & Trip to Stockholm, Sweden
Deadline: April 30, 2015
To celebrate its 20th Anniversary, the International Institute for Democracy & Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is organizing an essay competition for dedicated young people who share their passion for the future of democracy. Entries are now invited for the 20th Anniversary Essay Competition.
Does representative democracy have a future in this era of digital media?
The author(s) of the winning essay will be awarded the following:
- Invitation to attend International IDEA´s 20th Anniversary celebrations on September 15, 2015 in Stockholm, Sweden. The costs of the trip will be covered by International IDEA if the winner is not based in Stockholm.
- A six months internship at International IDEA Stockholm
- Publication of the essay in a format to be chosen by International IDEA
- The author must be in the age range of 18-25 years
- The essay must be written in English
- The word limit should not exceed 6000 words including references.
- The font size should be 12 point and double spacing
- There should be a cover page with the following details: name of author, title, a short 100 word abstract, contact details
How to Submit
Essay submission: please submit your essay by email to: [email protected] or by mail to the following address:
SE 103 34, Stockholm
For more information, visit International IDEA 20th Anniversary Essay Competition.