2015 World Bank Group Analyst Program for Young People
Deadline: March 5, 2015
The World Bank Group invites qualified young professionals to apply for the 2015 Analyst program. The World Bank Group Analyst Program is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. Positions may be based in Washington, DC or in a regional office.
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management, communications, finance, management accounting, and information technology. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career in the World Bank Group. Participants holding a Master’s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities. Alternatively, you may leverage the experience you have gained to pursue further studies or other opportunities in international development.
You may be considered for up to two of the specialty areas listed below. You can only apply to a maximum of two.
- Operations – You will focus on areas ranging from assisting in the formulation of policy and strategic advice to supporting the identification, preparation, appraisal and supervision of development projects.
- Finance – You will contribute to the financial sustainability and management of the World Bank Group in areas such as treasury, risk management, and financial management.
- Information Technology – You will support the World Bank Group’s vast information technology services, ranging from identifying business needs and providing recommendations for technology solutions, analyzing the performance of installed technologies and more.
- Human Resources – You will support the delivery of higher value World Bank Group HR services to drive organizational performance, including analyzing HR processes and practices to achieve greater efficiency, designing innovative staffing reports to facilitate strategic decision making, and developing presentations and other communications on key initiatives.
- Communications and International Affairs – You will help the World Bank Group build relationships with key stakeholders, including media, civil society, the private sector, donor countries and international organizations through the development of strategic communications utilizing a wide range of channels.
- Management Accounting – You will contribute to the financial management of the World Bank Group by focusing on management accounting within the Vice Presidency for Budget, Performance Review and Strategic Planning (BPS).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
- 28 years of age and under as of September 14, 2015
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by September 2015
- Up to three years of work experience in one or more specialty areas above
- Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
- Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred
In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- Deliver results for clients
- Lead and innovate
- Collaborate within teams and across boundaries
- Create, apply and share knowledge
- Make smart decisions
In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, you also need to demonstrate
- a commitment to development
- analytical thinking
- proven academic success
- leadership potential.
The World Bank values diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Positions may be based in Washington, DC or in a regional office.
For more information and to apply, visit World Bank Group Analyst Program.