2015 Anzisha Prize For Young African Entrepreneurs ($75,000 in Prize)
Deadline: April 15, 2015
2015 Anzisha Prize Applications are now open! The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 22 years old.
- Your business or project must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it!
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Groups or teams can apply (for example, maybe you have 2 or 3 co-founders who started your business or project together), however you must choose one person to apply for the prize, on behalf of the group. This individual must be one of the founding members.
12 finalists from across Africa will win an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
Selection Criteria for Business or Project
- Impact: Does your venture have a demonstrated, measurable and positive social and economic impact.
- Ingenuity: Have you taken a new or better approach to a pressing problem or business opportunity within your community.
- Scalability: Does your business or social project have the potential to grow or be replicated with support and investment.
- Leadership Potential: Do you have the qualities to be a role model for Africa’s youth.
Apply online here