CIMA 2015 Global Business Challenge For Undergraduates
Deadline: Varies with each country (Registration closes in April)
The CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Global Business Challenge is an international business competition for undergraduates around the world, designed to bring out the best in the young business leaders of tomorrow. By working together as a team of four to present a business case study, it is a great opportunity for you to showcase your talent in business management, and learn how to become the business leaders of the future.
This competition is organized by CIMA in conjunction with Barclays.
- The competition is open to full time and part time students who are undergraduates or equivalent, studying in universities, colleges or education institutions, doing their first degree, at the point of registration.
- Each team must have four members, a team leader and a team name for reference purposes.
- All members of a team must belong to the same university/ institution.
- There can be up to two members per team who are currently also studying or holding a professional qualification, and/or up to four members who are studying CIMA full time or part time, at Certificate or Operations level.
- Each student may join only one team.
- Postgraduates and MBA students and holders are NOT eligible to participate in this competition. Mentors or supervisors are not mandatory to form a team. For teams that make it through to regional, national and/or the global final all members of the team must contribute verbally during the presentation. CIMA’s decision is final should there be any discrepancy.
Australia, Blangadesh, China, Ghana, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Ireland, GCC, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Phillipines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vietnam & Zambia
Visit each country here for more details on competitions key date and rules
For more information, visit CIMA Global
Prizes & Benefits
- The winning team will win a trip to Poland, Europe to represent their university and country/region at the 2015 global final.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners at local level as well as global level.
- Learn how to analyse and solve a real life business case study, giving you firsthand experience of the skills required to be a business leader
- Enhance your team building skills and develop your presentation skills
- Boost your CV and enhance your career development
- Experience what it is like to study CIMA and be a chartered management accountant
- Get tips, techniques and advice from global decision makers and CIMA professionals
- Expand your global network and connect with decision makers from top employers, including Barclays
How to Participate
Once you have formed your team, here’s what to do next:
- Register all four members using our team registration form.*
- Once your team is registered, you can download the challenge material (PDF 294KB) and will be emailed the scenario.
- Using this information, write and submit your report to your region by the deadline for submission for your region. Be sure to read our great guidelines and tips to help you.
- If you are selected by the judges, you will progress to your local finals: see your region for details.
- If you win your national final, you will compete at the global final in Warsaw, Poland.
For more information,visit CIMA 2015