EDD15 ‘Our Future is on the Table’ Photo Contest-Win Fully Funded Trips to Brussels + World Expo in Milan
Deadline: April 10, 2015
Would you like the chance to share your vision of our future with world leaders in Brussels? Photos can often tell stories that can’t be told any other way. European Development Days (EDD15) invites you to share your story with the world, and show your vision of the relationship between food and sustainability. You will have the possibility of submitting photos in one of three categories: how the food we eat affects the environment, society or the economy.
The six talented finalists of the EDD15 Photo Contest will be invited to attend Europe’s largest development forum, European Development Days 2015 on 3 & 4 June where their photos will be exhibited and they will have the opportunity to meet key actors in development and share their ideas for our future!
- Entrants must be between the ages of 15 and 25 at the time of entry.
- Entrants from all countries and territories are welcome to participate in the competition.
- photo entries must be submitted with captions and texts in one of the 5 official contest languages: English, French, German, Portuguese or Spanish.
For the Finalists
- The prize to be awarded to each finalist (One finalist per continent) is a trip to Brussels in order to attend European Development Days on 3 and 4 June 2015 (accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals will be covered).
- Finalists under the age of 18, arrangements (including accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals) will be made for an accompanying parent or guardian .
- Finalists based outside the European Union who will require a visa to travel to Brussels are responsible for securing their own visas and should begin this process immediately after having been notified that they have won. The European Commission will assist by providing the necessary documents for the visa application.
For the Winner
- the winner of the EDD15 vote during the conference, will be awarded is a trip to the World Expo in Milan in October 2015 (accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals will be covered).
- If the winner is under the age of 18, arrangements (including accommodation, travel and a stipend for incidentals) will be made for an accompanying parent or guardian.
How to Enter
- Entries can be submitted under one of the three sub-categories: how the food we eat affects the environment, society or the economy.
- Click here to submit entries.
- Photo entries must be of minimum resolution 1170 x 1656 pixels (2 megapixels). Participants are encouraged to submit their photo in higher quality if they are able to, with resolution 3509 x 4967 pixels (17.5 megapixels), as the winning photos will be printed in A1 format to be exhibited during the conference.
For more information, visit European Development Days.