Apply to be a Country Representative in Ethiopia
Deadline: March 22, 2015
Applications are invited from interested individuals to be Country Representative in Ethiopia. The contract duration is two years with possibility of extension for another two years. The Country Representative will be responsible for providing leadership to the Country Office staff, partners and programme work as well as ensuring CBM’s mandate, strategies and standards are implemented and in line with country policies and CBM’s directives.
The incumbent of the position will represent CBM towards partner organizations and other institutions in Ethiopia, including liaising with the Government as well as other NGOs. S/he will monitor the performance, accountability and timely implementation of existing CBM partner projects in Ethiopia. S/he will facilitate and ensure monitoring and evaluation of CBM partner projects in close collaboration with other CBM programmatic staff in Ethiopia and the Regional Office East Africa. The country representative will report to the Regional Programme Manager East Africa.
Country Office Administration
- Ensure that CBM Regional policies and procedures (Administration, Finance, IT, Procurement, Safety and Security, Human Resources) are in place, enforced and adapted to the local context and laws
- Ensure that the Country Office Ethiopia is compliant in regards to local registration and other relevant laws
- Ensure effective human resource management and development, including review of personnel positions, annual performance appraisals, training plan and staff development
- Lead implementation and review of Country Strategy and ensure alignment with CBM’s Global Programme Strategy 2
- Ensure programme work adheres to CBM’s standards and principles as well as donor requirements, e.g. inclusive Project Cycle Management, Child Safeguarding, Disability Inclusive Development, Gender, Inclusive Indicators etc.
- Identify and coordinate partners’ capacity development needs with the support of the Regional Office
- Co-ordinate CBM’s involvement in country level forums/alliances/planning bodies with relevant stakeholders (Government, INGOs)
- Ensure and increase visibility and presence of CBM within coordination and technical forums on disability, eye health etc. in Ethiopia
- Contribute to the development of policies and legislation in areas relevant to disability and inclusive development
- Seek alternative avenues for resource mobilization in conjunction with the Regional Office
- Represent CBM’s values and promote the image of CBM in Ethiopia as a leading disability and development organisation
- Maintain oversight of budget implementation rate and financial deliverables
- Ensure that appropriate internal and management controls are established and maintained for accountability and efficient use of funding
- Cooperate closely with Regional Office Chief Operations Officer to ensure deliverables at Regional, Country and partners level are met
- Prepare and recommend annual budget for the Country Office for approval by the Regional Director
Candidates should have
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Disability Studies, Business Management, Health Management, Public Health, Public Administration, Sociology, Education or related field.
- Minimum of seven years work experience in the development sector with an international development organization, of which at least five in a senior management role.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Design and Project Cycle Management, including financial management.
- Significant experience in country programme management and development in an international NGO.
- Experience in networking and alliance building (national and local government, partners, projects, NGO alliances)
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Amharic is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to manage a diverse team of staff.
- Intercultural knowledge and sensitivity.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, strategic thinking and planning to build harmonious and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Wide knowledge of disability and inclusive development issues, as well as medical and rehabilitation activities.
- Understanding of trends and standards in development work in Africa in general and in Ethiopia specifically.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Very good experience in use of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Availability to spend 30% of his/her time in the field to support partners and travel to Regional Office.
- A meaningful letter of motivation (stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM)
- a CV
- copies of diplomas
- three professional references and salary expectations.
These should be written in English and sent by e-mail to [email protected]
For more information, visit Country Representative in Ethiopia.