2015 SEED Awards For Enterprise(s) in Developing Countries
Deadline: March 31, 2015
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally-led start-up social and environmental enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
- SEED Africa Awards 2015
Is your social and environmental start-up enterprise located in Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Namibia or Mozambique? You could nowapply for one of up to 23 SEED Africa Awards 2015.
- SEED South Africa Awards 2015
Is your social and environmental start-up enterprise located in South Africa? You could now apply for one of up to 6 SEED South Africa Awards, 3 of them for enterprises in Free State, Limpopo or KwaZulu Natal.
- SEED Gender Equality Awards 2015
Is your social and environmental start-up enterprise run or owned by a woman or women, does it prioritise women empowerment and is it country that is not a member state of the OECD or EU? You could now apply for one of up to 2 SEED Gender Equality Awards, one of them for an enterprise in Kenya.
The SEED Catalyser offers each SEED Award Winner a customised support package consisting of tools, capacity building, profiling, network building, and financing, all tailored to their individual needs. For more details on this, visit SEED Awards.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
- intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- locally driven and locally led
- potential for scale up or significant replication
- in the early stages of implementation
- in a country with a developing or emerging economy
Eligibility Criteria for SEED Gender Equality Award
- Run or owned by a woman or women
Enterprises must aim to meet two of the four targets below:
- explicitly assess and respond to the needs of women in communities where the enterprise is implemented;
- engage women so that they participate in any decision-making processes in equal, or greater, proportion to men;
- empower women to be central actors in the implementation of activities;
- include other activities that strongly advance gender equality or women’s empowerment
How to Apply
Either apply online (preferred) or download the pdf application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information,visit SEED Awards.