Call for Participation in the Learnathon Project – Budapest, Hungary
Deadline: March 30, 2015
Participate in the exciting Learnathon contest organised by the IATEFL-Hungary, in cooperation with the Regional English Language Office (RELO) for Central and Southeastern Europe. The goal of the project is to promote the development of innovative mobile application promoting English language learning through a focus on global issues.
The Learnathon event will host teams who are to participate in workshops on computer-assisted language learning, app development, social responsibility, and entrepreneurship, and will collaboratively develop the plan for an app. By the end of the week, each team will be expected to have completed their plan for an English language learning app that raises awareness of a global, social or environmental issue, which they will present to a panel of judges comprised of professionals from a range of relevant disciplines. The Learnathon Event will take place between May 4 and 8, 2015 in Budapest.
- The team designated first-place winner according to the evaluation criteria will be offered the opportunity to cooperate with an app developer on the actual production of the application.
- The winning team will also be offered the opportunity to travel to the 2016 Convention of the TESOL International Association in Baltimore, Maryland in the United States.
- Other teams may be eligible for runner-up prizes. All travel and program costs for teams selected for participation will be covered by the event organizers.
To participate in this contest,
- Teams must consist of 3 members.
- All team members must be both citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Checz Republic, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- At least two team members must be early-to mid-career professional teachers of English or CLIL who have at least a Bacherlor’s degree in teaching, and 5 or more years of English teaching experience, and are currently employed full time.
- One team member can be a student in an undergraduate or graduate program, or be an early- to mid-career professional in another discipline.
- Teams must consist of both male and female members.
- All team members must have at least a C1 level of English language proficiency on the CEFR.
- Teams should designate at least one alternate member, in case one of the existing members is unable to participate.
- Teams must designate a ‘team captain’, who will act as the sole point of contact on this project.
NOTE: This project supports inclusion and encourages individuals with disabilities to apply. Preference will be given to teams where members have not yet been to the U.S.
- Submit your team’s application using the online form.
- Within your application you will be required to upload CVs and Letters of recommendation.
- Only one team from each of the 17 designated countries will be chosen by the selection board comprised of IATEFL-Hungary and RELO.
For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com. or visit The Learnathon Project.