Apply for the Tenth EUI Summer School in Transnational and Comparative History
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Applications are now accepted for the Tenth EUI Summer School in Transnational and Comparative History. The Department of History and Civilization at the European University Institute is a major centre for the study of comparative and transnational European history and of European history in a global perspective. Whether you are interested in political, social, cultural, intellectual or economic history, it will give you an unique opportunity to broaden your research interests and methodological reflection.
Are you dissatisfied with the study of national history and you eager to widen your horizons in the realms of history? You will also have the chance to meet EUI doctoral researchers, participate in the academic life of this centre of excellence, and visit the Library and the Historical Archives of the European Union. Information will also be given on possibilities for pursuing doctoral studies at the European University Institute. In addition, you will have an opportunity to explore Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Hotel accommodation is provided in rooms shared with other participant.
- Daily allowance will be also provided for selected participants during the summer school courses.
- No registration fee is to be required.
- Travel expenses are not to be covered. Participants should also secure their own medical insurance.
- Open to graduate students or students in their last year of study in history, the social sciences related fields. Enrollment numbers are limited and admission is based on merit.
Submit your application here.
NOTE: Participants must stay in Florence for the entire duration of the course. Attendance at all lessons is obligatory. A certificate of participation is issued at the end of the course.
For enquiries and more information, contact Francesca Parenti via e-mail: email@example.com or visit Summer School in Comparative and Transnational History.