2015-16 WISE Learners’ Voice Program in Qatar and Spain (All Expenses Covered)
Deadline: April 30, 2015
WISE is now looking for the next cohort of outstanding young learners aged 18 to 25 to apply, or be nominated, to join this growing global community. The successful Learners will be expected to attend the 6th WISE Summit in Doha from November 3 to 5, 2015, as well as a pre-Summit workshop that will start on November 1, and will be involved in year-long activities throughout 2016.
The WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people to the challenge of rethinking education, and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The Program is based on the idea that when learners are co-creators of their learning environments, they become active participants invested as stakeholders in the progress of their communities. The Program focuses on building knowledge of education, social entrepreneurship, leadership, and communication skills.
Logistics & Cost
- Two mandatory residential sessions (10 days each). The first will take place January 3–15, 2016 in Doha, Qatar, and the second June 1–14, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.
- WISE – Qatar Foundation will cover all Program-related expenses, including flights and accommodation, for the selected Learners.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on November 1, 2015. All students must be considered legal adults in their home country.
- Participants must be able to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full, mandatory WISE Learners’ Voice event beginning on November 1, 2015 and ending on November 5, 2015.
- Participants must be able to take part in two mandatory residential sessions (10 days each) from January 3–15, 2016 in Doha, Qatar, and June 1–14, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.
- Attendance and participation in the mandatory sessions is critical. By submitting the application you are acknowledging these terms and committing to them.
- Participants must be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for a successful WISE Summit.
- Participants must be able to continue their involvement with the Learners’ Voice Program following the WISE Summit, and participate in all Program events and activities during the remainder of 2015 and throughout 2016.
- All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months following the WISE Summit dates of November 3-5, 2015.
- All participants should be able to demonstrate their academic and/or professional achievements and experiences to date
- All participants must be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities broadly associated with their studies and/ or professional interests.
- Participants should be able to demonstrate interest and/or involvement in education and other wider global development issues.
- Participants should be friendly, flexible and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
- Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public. Participants should have strong active listening skills.
- All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
- All nominators and applicants must agree to respect final selection decisions made by the WISE Team. No appeal or claim will be accepted. Should your application be unsuccessful you can apply/nominate again next year.
Learners can either apply in person or be nominated.
- Individual application: apply personally to take part in the Program: WISE is inviting highly motivated learners to apply for the Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form that needs to be endorsed by two referees.
- Nominate a learner to take part in the Program: WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate engaged learners with outstanding or original academic/learning experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program. WISE is seeking to form a group of individuals from diverse educational paths and cultural backgrounds.
For more information, visit WISE Learner’s Voice Program or contact WISE email@example.com