ECOWAS 40th Anniversary Youth Essay Competition
Deadline: April 30, 2015
The Commission of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is celebrating 40 years of Integration and cooperation in West Africa, which has led to the establishment of an economic union to foster economic growth, raise the standard of living of its citizens and creation of better relations among Member States. The Commission intends to mark this genuine event through a Youth Essay Competition.
The best two Essays per country in all the member States will be published as a Book. The three winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be selected among the total of 30 Essays. The Essays are aimed at a broad audience and should therefore be written in a non-technical style.
The General theme of the Book around which all the Essays should be crafted is: Relevance and Challenges of Regional Integration in West Africa: The role of the ECOWAS Community, Citizens, Member State Governments and Institutions in enhancing this relevance and in Meeting the challenges.
Eligibility and Essay Guidelines
- Entrants should be between 16-20 years
- The Essays are aimed at a broad audience and should therefore be written in a non-technical style.
- Abstracts should not be more than 250 words
- Abstracts are to be submitted to the Selection Committee no later than April 30, 2015 at the following address: email@example.com
- All submitted articles should include the full name and contact details of the author.
- Authors of selected abstracts will be invited by the Selection Committee to write a full article – detailed guidelines will also be provided
- Final (revised) draft of the paper to be submitted by May 15, 2015
Please not that acceptance of an abstract does not automatically result in the publication of the final Essay.
All queries and submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Call for Expression of Interest for the Youth Essay Competition.
For more information, visit ECOWAS 40th Anniversary Youth Essay Competition.