Funded African Graduate Fellowship at The American University in Cairo
Deadline: December 15, 2015
The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirement, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and journalism and mass communication applicants).
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting thecut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
AUC Graduate Admissions Requirement
- Complete the graduate application. You can also apply online.
- Official transcripts from all higher-education institutions that you have attended.
- Statement of purpose (form 2); one for each major that you are applying for.
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV).
- A minimum of two letters of evaluation are required for all applicants. PhD applicants are required to submit three letters of evaluation.
- Required Test Results and Documentation
- TOEFL iBT or IELTS: Non-native speakers of English are required to present valid TOEFL iBT or IELTS test results. Validity for both tests is for two years.
- Graduate applicants who hold degrees from an accredited English-medium university are exempted from presenting evidence of academic English proficiency. Applicants to the African Graduate Fellowship must submit valid English tests results. AUC’s score recipient code is 0903.
- GMAT: Applicants for the MBA program must submit at least an unofficial test report to start processing their application.
- GRE: Applicants for the PhD program or master’s degree in economics, economics in international development, finance and journalism and mass communication must submit an official GRE score report.
- Original military status or a true copy (for male Egyptians only)
- International students: A completed International Student Data Form (graduate application form 5) for non-Egyptians only.
- Two passport pictures and a photocopy of the information page of a valid passport showing photo, passport number and personal information.
- Egyptian Students: Copy of national ID card and official birth certificate.
See complete details on application process.
- Waiver of tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend.
- Student services and activities fee.
- Medical service and health insurance fees.
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University Residences at AUC New Cairo.
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
- Download and submit the AUC graduate application form.
- Submit the online fellowship application form.