Centre for Advance Studies – Southeast Europe Research Fellowship 2015/16 – Rijeka, Croatia
Deadline: May 31, 2015
The Centre for Advance Studies – Southeast Europe (CAS SEE) is announcing a call for Fellowships for the academic year 2015-16. The fellowship programme is an international researcher mobility programme that offers up to five months residencies in Rijeka and in the countries of the Balkans region (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Albania).
The Fellows will present their work on a bi-weekly basis in Rijeka or other regional centers and will engage more intensively in research in the wider region of Balkans region. The fellows benefit from the motivating intellectual and research conditions and from the stimulating environment of a multi-disciplinary and international community of first-rate scholars.
The fellowship provides
- Living allowance in the range of € 1100 per month for a fellow;
- Support for accommodation expenses;
- A research budget in accordance with the research proposal;
- And travel expenses (one round trip);
- Open to young scholars as well as from leading senior researchers globally but at the time of the application, they must be in possession of a doctoral degree.
- The programme is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences but may also be granted to scholars in life and exact sciences, provided that their proposed research project does not require laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with humanities and social sciences.
- Complete the online application form.
- Provide a copy of your CV.
- A description of your intended research project (1500 – 2000 words).
- A personal statement (up to 500 words).
NOTE: All documents must be submitted as PDF files. The documents of your research project and personal statement must be page-numbered and have as a header your full name (last name, first name) and email address.
Applicants are recommended to specify the following in their proposals:
- The relevance and connections of the research to a wider academic context;
- The aims and methods of research;
- The current state and schedule of their research;
- The cooperation partners, including national and international contacts, when applicable;
- The interdisciplinary dimension of the research, if relevant;
- The importance of trans-national mobility for achieving research objectives;
- Their motivation for participating in the programme;
- Issues concerning research ethics, if relevant.
For more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit CAS SEE Rijeka Fellowship.