Enter! Youth Meeting 2015 – European Youth Centre, Strasbourg (all costs covered)
Deadline: April 27, 2015
The Council of Europe invites applications from young people for the Enter! Youth Meeting 2015 from June 30 – July 3, 2015 at the European Youth Centre, Strasbourg. The Enter! Youth Meeting will bring together up to 200 participants to discuss ways to make the recommendations of the Committee of Ministers Recommendation on Access of Young people from Disadvantaged Neighbourhoods to Social Rights a reality for young people across Europe.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To provide young people with the opportunity to have their voice heard and to be associated with the work of the Council of Europe;
- To learn about young people’s experiences of access to social rights;
- To share youth work and youth policy practices and responses to situations of exclusion, discrimination and violence affecting young people;
- To elaborate further on the needs and possibilities for the implementation of the Committee of Ministers Recommendation to the member states on the access of young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods to social rights;
- To collect proposals for future orientations of the Council of Europe’s work in the area of young people’s access to rights, autonomy and social inclusion.
Participants will be reimbursed their travel costs according to the Council of Europe rules. Meals and accommodation will be provided at the European Youth Centre and in hotels in Strasbourg.
Young people should have the following profile:
- be preferably aged 16 to 20
- have been a participant, volunteer or peer educator/leader in a youth project addressing the issues of access to social rights
- are directly concerned by the issues of violence, exclusion or discrimination in their neighbourhood
- preferably speak English or French at a basic level
- be resident in one of the countries of the European Cultural Convention of the Council of Europe;
- be available for full participation in the meeting.
This call for participants is open to group applications. Each group must include:
- young people according to the profile detailed above up to 2 young people (plus one more in the reserve list in case some of the participants you propose drop out for different reasons)
- a youth worker and, to the extent of the possible
- a member or representative of local and regional authorities working on issues related to social rights and youth policy.
Other profiles may be also considered. If you want to propose another type of profile of participants, please write to Mara Georgescu, [email protected].
In order to participate in the Enter! Youth Meeting you need to apply as an organisation or a group. The application should be made on behalf of the organisation by the youth worker who will assist young people coming to the Enter! Youth Meeting. Organisations can propose up to 3 young people (2 plus one on the reserve list), one member of local and regional authorities and one youth worker to participate in the event.
You should provide the details of a youth worker (who will assist and accompany young people) in the application, the details of the organisation, the details of the young people from your organisation and details about a member of local and regional authorities (if there is a possibility to also include them in the group). The application will also ask you to provide information about your experiences on social rights, your motivation to participate in this meeting and your follow-up ideas.
How to Apply
All applicants should fill in the application form available online at this address: http://youthapplications.coe.int/ by 27 April 2015.
For more information, visit Enter! Youth Meeting 2015.