Apply: 2015 El-Hibri Peace Education Scholarship
Deadline: September 4, 2015
Apply for the 2015 El-Hibri Peace Education Scholarship. The El-Hibri Foundation offers Peace Education Scholarships to graduate students with demonstrated commitment to the field of Peace Education and Conflict Transformation. Peace Education encompasses a range of activities undertaken in a variety of settings designed to build peaceful communities:
- In formal school settings, peace education addresses how teachers teach and what they teach. Peace education curricula focus on conflict analysis, conflict transformation, peacebuilding and skills associated with the non-violent resolution of conflict.
- In informal (non-school) community settings, peace education raises awareness about the causes of conflict, identifies appropriate interventions and builds practical skills relating to the management, resolution or transformation of conflict.
The El-Hibri Foundation envisions a world in which respect for human dignity, equality and appreciation of diversity are cultural norms, and the non-violent resolution of conflict is widely practised.
- Three $5,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Be either U.S. or non- U.S. citizens.
- Be enrolled in the first year of a graduate degree or certificate program relevant to peace education or conflict transformation in an American university. Eligible university degree or certificate programs consist of a minimum of four graduate courses that the student must complete in order to earn a degree or certificate. Students applying for a scholarship may be cross-registered at another university.
- Have graduated in the last two years with an undergraduate degree.
- Have a prior academic track record of high achievement, including a minimum 3.5 GPA earned from an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrate financial need (such as proof of seeking an academic loan).
- Apply the scholarship toward the cost of tuition and books.
Complete the online application form and upload the required documents.
For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit El-Hibri Foundation Scholarship.