Scholarship Program for Young Europeans active in Citizenship Education 2015
Deadline: May 31, 2015
The German Federal Agency for Civic Education and the Robert Bosch Stiftung is awarding scholarships to German speaking professionals active in Citizenship Education from Central and Southeastern Europe for the program, “Shaping Europe – Civic Education in Action”. They are awarding up to 16 scholarships with the aim of strengthening and developing early efforts at civic education in those countries.
The program is geared towards people that are just beginning their careers and are interested in meeting and networking with people internationally. They should already be advocating democracy and civic responsibility in their countries and work actively in the field of civic education.
The program’s participants will spend a period of ten to 12 weeks at a guest institution in Germany that is active in civic education. There they will work with their German colleagues and build their network for future international partnerships. During their stay, the scholarship recipients will either be involved in specific projects at the guest institutions or will prepare their own project working together with the guest institutions. Three seminars (an introductory seminar, interim seminar, and closing seminar) are a fixed part of the program.
There are three programs from which they can choose and also indicate their alternative:
- Participation in an existing project (Program A): An 8 -12 weeks internship with an existing project in a German institution acitive in civic education matters;
- Realising your own project (Program B): You will work on your own project for 8-12 weeks in cooperation with the hosting German institution which is active in civic education matters;
- Study tour (Program C): While you are staying in a German institution active in civic education matters for 8-12 weeks you will prepare a short study tour for German experts of civic education to an organisation in which you are active in your own country.
The programme benefits include:
- An internship at an institution of civic education in Germany;
- Introductory, intermediate and evaluation seminars in Germany (compulsory);
- Housing, food and pocket money;
- An optional family allowance;
- Health, accident and liability insurance;
- The opportunity to attend training events;
- Travel expenses to Germany and to the seminars and training events;
- A certificate for successful completion of the programme;
- Possibility of networking with people from other programmes at the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Federal Agency for Civic Education.
Interested candidates should:
- Have good command of German in order to communicate with your German colleagues;
- Be active in civil society and work for an NGO, an institution for civic education or a network dedicated to improving society;
- Be interested in international, cross-border cooperation;
- Want to expand their professional horizon and improve their skills;
- Be a citizen of Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia or Turkey;
- Be working as a free-lancer or full time in the field of civic education;
- hold a university degree or have comparable qualifications and are at the beginning of their professional career;
- Be flexible in planning and can work independently.
Send in your application in German language by e-mail to:
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
Mrs. Christiane Toyka-Seid
Programme coordinator, Shaping Europe – Civic Education in Action