2015/16 University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship
Deadline: May 15, 2015
University of Bradford is currently accepting applications for its Global Development Scholarships. Bradford offers a range of scholarships to support students on their University journey.
These scholarships were created to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, personal circumstances or economic hardship.
- Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three installments – October, January and April.
- Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
- Applicants must meet the English Language requirement.
- Applicants must have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- This scholarship is available for full time Master’s programmes (excluding MBA).
- Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships:
- Afghanistan, Angola
- Burundi, Bangladesh
- Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, DR Congo, Cote D’Ivore
- Eritrea, Ethiopia
- Georgia, Guinea
- Haiti, Honduras
- Iran, Iraq
- Kenya, Korea
- Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia
- Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mozambique, Mauritania, Myanmar
- Nepal. Niger,
- Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan
- Russia (North Caucasus)
- Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania, Timore-Leste
- Zambia, Zimbabwe
See requirements for each country.
Note: Students from Pakistan will be considered for the Bestway Foundation Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Complete the Global Development Application Form (download here)
- E-mail completed forms to [email protected]
This application consists of:
- Personal Statement:
- How has the situation in the country where you live affected you and/or your family?
- Why do you want to come to Bradford to study and how will this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- Proof of academic qualifications.