Ayiba Magazine Summer Internship- 8 Available Positions
Deadline: June 4th,2015
Ayiba is a fast-growing online magazine focused on breaking down perpetuating stereotypes of Africa by telling stories that exemplify the complexity of African identity. Ayiba is currently looking for several interns to help grow its readership and create some buzz this summer.
The summer internship program will start June 15th and end August 21st, 2015.There are 8 available positions: 3 Editorial, 2 Business Development, 2 Design & 1 social media
- This is open to all Opportunity Desk audience: high school student, college/university students and Professionals as well
- Candidates must be able to work under demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, as well as possess excellent computer, communication, and organizational skill
- Candidates must be available to work 15-25 hours a week.
- Networking opportunities with young African leaders.
- Opportunity to attend/cover events for Ayiba.
- Hands-on experience with an ace team.
- Freedom to lead projects, test strategies, and implement your ideas.
- Recommendation and references upon completion.
- Note: All internships are remote and unpaid.
Editorial: Ayiba is looking for versatile, hard-working, and talented interns who are passionate about our mission to generate content. From features, to op-eds and creative writing; your expertise is needed. Editorial Interns will work closely with go-getting Associate Editor.
- Research and create basic content for Ayiba
- Research and find images for posts
- Transcribe original interviews
- Assist the editorial team with special projects
Business Development: Ayiba is looking for tenacious business development interns to increase partnerships, sell ads, and assist in our overall monetization strategy. Biz Dev Interns will work directly with Ayiba’s Founder.
- Create partnerships with strategic blogs, news channels, and organizations.
- Organize interviews, features, and other PR opportunities for Ayiba.
- Ad sales.
- Assist with e-commerce platform, Styled by Ayiba.
Social Media: Ayiba is looking for an exceptional social media and marketing intern to join our creative, hard-working team. You will be contributing to the growth and expansion of Ayiba’s readership by assisting our current Social Media Manager.
- Contribute to the development of our social media strategy.
- Grow and manage community on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Implement SEO.
- Assist with email marketing campaigns.
- Promote website and blog content.
- Conduct detailed analytical reporting.
Design: For the first time ever, Ayiba will release an annual print issue in December 2015. Ayiba needs uber-talented graphic design interns to help conceptualize and design the issue. Design Interns will be supported by the Features Editor.
- Design print magazine layouts for annual print issue
- Assist in photo research and editing for print issue and web
- Help create web and digital design projects
How to Apply
E-mail your resumes/CV to [email protected]
For more information, visit Ayiba Magazine.