Enter the 2015 DepicT! Short Filmmaking Competition
Deadline: July 6, 2015
Can you create a film in 90 seconds? Then accept the DepicT! Challenge and get creative in just 90 seconds. Creative individuals around the world are invited to enter this competition. It doesn’t matter what your budget is or what genre you’re working in, what is needed to win in this contest is your creativity and originality. This is an opportunity to get invaluable industry exposure, and a host of other exclusive prizes.
- Main DepicT! Award: £1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People.
- DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award: £1000 cash.
- DepicT! British Special Mention Award: A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills including:
- A tailored package of industry support from BAFTA, including a mentoring session and 6 month’s free access to BAFTA’s Learning & Events programme;
- A place on a short course at the National Film and Television School in 2015.
- Lifetime membership to Shooting People, plus e-mentoring from senior SP members.
- Shooting People Audience Award.
- All DepicT! 2015 Shortlisted entrants will get:
- Film exposure and promotion through depict.org, at Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival and through associated partners;
- An Encounters Network Delegates pass with all the trimmings, including tickets to the popular DepicT! showcase and the prestigious Encounters Awards Ceremony;
- Half price Shooting People membership.
- The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world and open to all genres and production techniques.
- The duration of your film(s) must not exceed 90 seconds including titles and credits.
- The film must be completed after September 2014.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is ten.
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles.
- Complete the online application form. The films have to meet following requirements.
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorized to submit the film(s) and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films.
- If your film(s) is /are shortlisted, you will be asked to send in a higher resolution version to Watershed, 1 Canon’s Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5TX for screening on depict.org and at the 21st Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival (15 – 20 September 2015) as well as publicity stills, a synopsis and a bio.
For more information, visit Depict! Film Competition.