Deadline: May 31, 2015
Applications are now being accepted for the DEMO Africa 2015 Competition. DEMO Africa provides a platform where the most innovative companies from Africa get to launch their products and announce to Africa and the world what they have developed. These African start-ups get to meet VCs, investors, tech acquisition specialists, IT buyers and media from across the region and around the globe.
- Media and Entertainment
- Transport and Logistics
- Finance and Banking
- Water and Sanitation
- Waste Management and Recycling
To qualify for DEMO Africa 2015, start-ups must ensure that their products have the ability to impact the marketplace of introduction. A clear business plan and a team capable of delivering the product are also vital. The product must be ready for launch and the business must be legally registered. Preference is given to disruptive innovations that have massive potential for scale.
The ultimate qualification is the ability of the innovation to change or impact the market place into which it’s introduced or create a new market.
Products must :
- Solve a commercial problem.
- Make an impact or change the marketplace into which it is introduced or create a new market.
- Have a business plan and a management team capable of delivering the product to market.
- Make its public debut at the DEMO Africa conference.
- Must be a registered company.
Products that are not eligible include:
- Products currently in public distribution, either as a launched product or as a highly publicized beta test;
- Upgrades to an existing product;
- Products entering an already saturated market category with little market differentiation;
- Products that have been widely covered by technology and business media.
1. Start-ups get:
- A platform to launch their products and attract the attention of investors.
- Skills: You get business support and advice from DEMO Africa’s team of coaches and mentors through the DEMO Africa BootCamp.
- Network effects: You get customer and partner introductions, and a competitive peer group.
- Exposure: You benefit from media exposure and word-of-mouth exposure to influential people. Start-ups are also guaranteed exposure through the DEMO Africa website and social media sites.
- Support services: You get back-office support during preparation and presentation of the DEMO Africa pitch.
2. Investors harvest new investments and get to meet and share ideas with other local and international investors.
3. Sponsors get to show and tell their success stories in regards to their involvement in advancing growth and development agenda through technology.
4. Media gets rich sources to explore the growth and development of Africa through technology advancement.
Note: Participants of DEMO Africa are expected to meet their travel and accommodation costs including visa fees where applicable. However, the DEMO Africa team habitually engages various suppliers to ease participation. Thus, DEMO Africa participants get special discounts on travel and accommodation.
- Apply online at DEMO Africa: online application.
- Top thirty applicants will be invited to pitch on the DEMO Africa stage in September during the DEMO Africa event in Lagos, Nigeria.
For more information, visit DEMO Africa 2015.