Apply for the 2015 Mauritius Government Scholarship for Africans to Study in Mauritius
Deadline: June 30, 2015
Are you an African student who just got admitted to study at any university in Mauritius? The Government of Mauritius is offering scholarships to 50 students from African States for full time undergraduate studies at any public tertiary education institution duly registered with the Tertiary Education Commission.
- The Scholarship will cover a grant of up to MUR 100,000 per academic year for the duration of the programme to each student to cover costs of university fees and charges, economy class air fare from and to the country of origin of the student by the most economical route at the start and end of the studies.
- A monthly stipend of MUR 8,300 for subsistence allowance.
- Eligible candidates should have obtained a conditional offer in a course of undergraduate degree level at a public tertiary education institution in Mauritius.
- Candidates should be resident citizens of any of the African Union States.
- The selection of candidates for the scholarships will be made on the basis of merit.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in an undergraduate programme before July 2015 will not be eligible for such a scholarship.
- The scholarship holders would be required to sign an undertaking to return to their home country as soon as the studentship comes to an end.
- The duration of the award will be up to four years and the age limit for eligibility is above 18 years and below 25 years.
- Download Application Form.
- The following documents are required:
- Completed application form with endorsement from the applicant’s Ministry of Education or relevant body.
- Certified copy of birth certificate.
- Photocopy of biodata page of passport.
- Certified copies of educational certificates at end of secondary school level and
- Transcripts of secondary school results.
- Mark sheets relating to their qualifications.
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public tertiary education institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application).
- Medical certificate mentioning that student is free of contagious diseases.
- Completed applications are sent to: The Supervising Officer, Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research (Attn: Tertiary Education Section), MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544