2015 Scripps Howard Internship Program for International Students – Washington DC, USA (fully-funded)
Deadline: May 25, 2015
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) in partnership with the Scripps Howard Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2015 Semester in Washington Internship Program. The Scripps Howard Foundation brings two international students per year to Washington, D.C., to work at the Scripps Howard News Service for a semester.
The internship is designed to give international students an opportunity to cover events in the U.S. capital, as well as to report and write feature stories for the Scripps Howard Foundation Wire. Stories written by Scripps Howard interns may be published in newspapers across the United States.
Interns who are selected in the program will work in one of two periods: January to April or September to December.
- ICFJ will pay for round-trip economy air fare to and from the United States; housing; a per day meal/living/transportation allowance; and health insurance for the duration of the program.
- Selected participant assumes responsibility for all incidental expenses.
- The program cannot cover salary or pay honoraria.
- The internship is open to undergraduate journalism or communications students who intend to pursue careers in journalism after graduation.
- Interns must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply
A complete application packet includes the following
- CV/ Resume
- Up to 3 samples of journalism work
- Essay: Professional Goals and Interests- why you want to participate in this program, what you hope to accomplish and what you plan to do when you finish your degree. The essay should be no longer than 700 words.
For more information, visit Scripps Howard Semester in Washington Internship Program.