The Getty Images Instagram Grants For Photographers-$10,000
Deadline: June 4,2015
Getty Images invites all photographers who are using Instagram to share stories of social impact. Getty Images is dedicated to excellence in photography and recognizes Instagram as a powerful platform for visual storytelling. Therefore several grants are being awarded to support talent in this emerging field of photography. This grant is part of Getty Images expanding grants program which also includes the Prestige Grants, Grants for Editorial Photography, the Getty Images and Chris Hondros Fund Award and the Emergent Talent Award.
This grant was established to support photographers using Instagram to document stories from underrepresented communities around the world. Instagram has introduced new opportunities for emerging voices, outside the mainstream media, to create and share projects of social importance. Therefore,this grant provides financial support and mentorship to amplify their impact.
- Applicants must be photographers using Instagram to document and share stories of social impact in areas of the world which are traditionally uncovered by mainstream media.
- Images submitted for consideration by the judges must adhere to Instagram’s community guidelines.
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible.
The Getty Images Instagram Grants consist of three grant of $10,000 USD each, awarded to three photographers.
The winning applicant benefits by:
- financial support for the continuation or creation of Instagram based work,
- mentorship from a Getty Images staff photographer,
- exposure of their work and talent to the judges and to the industry,
- press and media recognition.
How to Enter
Submit online by registering on the Getty Images Grants Registration site. A complete application includes:
- Personal background information, maximum 500 words.
- Details on your approach to using Instagram and how you intend to use the funds to support new or ongoing projects of social impact on Instagram.
- 10-20 images from your Instagram account, including links, sized at a minimum of 1000×1000 pixels at 72dpi.
- Please use the following file naming convention:
- example: Guttenfelder_David_instagram.com/p/ue-aDbgw8-.jpg
Only digital submissions through the online entry system will be accepted. Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to applicant.
For more information visit Getty Images Grants or e-mail [email protected]