Andela is looking to hire a Director of Recruitment in Kenya. The Director of Recruitment – Kenya leads the recruitment team responsible for finding, selecting, and enrolling brilliant young people across Kenya in Andela’s bootcamp program.
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world
The Director of recruitment ensures that Andela is regarded as the number one career path of choice for brilliant young people in Kenya interested in becoming world-class developers. Success in doing this will mean that Andela is able to recruit and train the highest performing fellows at a lower cost than the competition every time.
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Epitomize a level of enthusiasm about being at Andela as a model for all fellows to promote the organization to external audiences.
- Are great at networking and have a very strong interest in people.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with young people
- Understand how to best use different technology to reach prospective applicants
- Have good written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills. You are particularly gifted at communicating with young people between the ages of 21 and 30.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have the ability to analyze, interpret, draw inferences from complex data sets..
- Have a working knowledge of the competitive landscape, labor practices and youth psychology Kenya – as well as the networks to penetrate these markets to find the most brilliant young people.
- Have excellent knowledge and be passionate about Andela’s mission and vision. They must also be able to convincingly sell the Andela’s opportunity to prospective fellows.
The specific responsibilities of the Director of Recruitment – Kenya include:
- Setting country recruitment team’s objectives, priorities, and resources to align with organizational objectives.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants
- Organizing or attending events that would drive the awareness of Andela’s programs.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the calendar of fellow recruitment activities to ensure it is done in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring implementation of systems for responding to enquiries from prospective fellows knowledgeably and professionally.
- Building and integrating effective candidate referrals systems
- Overseeing and ensuring strong management of all stages of the fellow recruitment process, including candidate screening and selection
- Developing candidate evaluation systems that help to judge the presence, absence or efficacy of such qualification and qualities in prospective fellows.
- Creating and keeping records of candidate evaluation information from applications and interview.
- Creating and distributing bootcamp decision letters and re-application (or rejection) notices as soon as decisions are made.
- Working with Andela’s documentarian to evangelize the Andela experience through social media channels.
- Develop and monitor metrics for measuring process implementation and recruiting effectiveness.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting trends and issues, labor laws and government regulations that have short and long term implications.
- Managing marketing and recruitment budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment.
- Liaising and working effectively with contacts across all departments and at all levels within and outside Andela, to ensure a collaborative approach to recruitment.
- Maintain all documentation on recruitment process within the recruitment playbook.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application here.
- Attach resume /CV and a coverletter.
Interested in working for Andela? View more positions here.
For more information, visit Andela Jobs.