Apply Now to be Part of FRIDA’s Global Committee of Advisors
Deadline: June 10, 2015
FRIDA is recruiting passionate and committed young feminist activists from Middle East and North Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and Asia and the Pacific to join its Global Advisory Committee!
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a new initiative that funds and strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally.FRIDA believes in the power of young people as agents of change and promotes progressive youth leadership through grantee partners and other initiatives.
Eligible candidates must:
- have at least 5-10 hours a month available to dedicate to FRIDA
- have 3 or more years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
- have 3 or more years demonstrated thematic or regional expertise with young women’s organizations/initiatives working for women’s rights, including time in a leadership role at a local, national, regional or global level;
- have functional spoken and written English language skills, with Arabic, French, Russian, Mandarin, and Hindi extremely desired
- have some skills in such areas as project management, workshop facilitation, capacity-building, movement building and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Candidates also must have at least two years experience in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Fundraising experience, such as applying for or receiving monetary grants from a donor or organizing fundraising activities with individuals (ie. events or online crowdfunding)
- Grant-making, international development, or funding institution (experience grant-making or monitoring, evaluation, and learning for young women’s groups and/or start-up, small or community-based groups highly desirable)
- Communications experience, managing websites, communication campaigns, writing blogs and op-eds,
- Private sector especially in the areas of law, finance, accounting and/ or corporate social responsibility. Candidates must have an educational background that aligns with their current role in the private sector
Responsibilities of Advisors
- Facilitating FRIDA’s annual participatory grantmaking process by screening applications, reviewing final results, and supporting due diligence.
- Supporting grantee partners’ capacity development and communication with FRIDA and conducting outreach.
- Informing strategy and programmatic decisions in various areas of FRIDA’s work through thematic working groups such as Communications, Resource Mobilization, Capacity Development, and Grantmaking.
- Informing FRIDA’s strategic direction every 5 years.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the New Advisors Application 2015 ENG.
- Send completed applications and your CV/resume to email@example.com as soon as possible and before 10 June 2015. Please put “Advisory Committee” in the Subject Line.
For more information, visit FRIDA.