Deadline: June 22, 2015
Entries are now open for the 2015 Creative Hustle Competition. British Council Nigeria is calling all Young Creative Peeps! What’s your creative hustle? Here is your chance to find the right track to your future. If you are interested in or pursuing a career in the creative industries then this opportunity is for you. You are invited to participate in the #MyCreativeHustle competition.
- Finalists will be invited to meet with a panel of professionals from the Nigerian Creative Industries sector and UK institution academics for a mentoring session in July.
- The Winner gets a chance to travel to the UK for a trade/industry programme related to their sector.
(E.g an Architect gets to attend the London festival of Architecture or a Fashion Designer gets to attend London Fashion week)
Final prize will be communicated later subject to the sector of the winner.
- Entrants must be aged 18 – 30 and
- Participants must interested in or pursuing a career in the creative industries
Your creative hustle should be related to any of the following sectors.
- Built/Natural Environment including -Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Design and Planning.
- Visual and Creative Arts – Film, Fashion, Music, Animation; Visual Arts.
- Business & Management for the Creative Industries including marketing and advertising; media and publicity.’
- Submit an original 30 sec video that ends with the line ……that’s my Creative Hustle.
- The Video can cover any aspect of your work and include images, text and music.
- The video must show you engaged in your preferred sector describing how you intend to make this hustle a profitable business.
- Videos must be no longer than 30 seconds
- Videos can be submitted in common digital video formats shot on digital cameras including video shot on smart phones, but must be of high resolution.
- The British Council’s decision on the winning entry will be final.
How to Enter
To enter participants must upload a video showing an aspect of their work or business and describing how they intend to make the business profitable. Participants must follow these steps:
- Upload your video on twitter with the Hashtag #MyCreativeHustle and mention @ngBritishArts.
- The video should cover any aspect of the participant’s work and may include text, images and music.
- The video must be original, no longer than 30 seconds and must end with the tagline – that’s my creative hustle!
- Videos can be submitted in common digital video formats shot on digital cameras including video shot on smart phones, but must be of high resolution
- Participants must read the competition rules as published on the British Council Nigeria website (www.britishcouncil.org.ng); and the British Council Nigeria Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilNigeria).
- Participants would be deemed to have agreed to the competition rules by uploading the video conforming to the above standards.
For more information, visit Creative Hustle Competition 2015.