2015 World Youth Forum Right to Dialogue – Trieste, Italy
Deadline: June 30, 2015
Submit applications for the 8th edition of World Youth Forum “Right to dialogue”. The theme for this year is “Old and new poverties. Europe and other worlds”.
The following fields of discussion are suggested:
- Values: Goods and values; economic and cultural values; modern and postmodern between ethics and economics.
- Culture of wealth / culture of well-being: From welfare to the economics of happiness? Needs and histories.
- Strategies: Out of poverty: growth or degrowth? Is there a global economy?
- New poverties: Loss of memory, loss of beauty, loss of identities, loss of rights: towards the bare life?
Participants are invited to present their own proposals within the suggested fields of discussion, or to present different topics/panels (within the given general theme) bringing their own local experiences, views and inputs from different scientific fields in a transdisciplinary perspective (economics, social sciences, history, psychology, arts, cultural studies, political science).
- The organizers will provide a 4 nights accommodation for the speakers and
- They will contribute to the travel costs the selected speaker will have to sustain, for an amount that will not exceed 500 € per person.
The present call is addressed to young adults aged 18 to 35, without distinction as to nationality.
- Download application form and send it to [email protected] after filling.
- The application deadline for the 8th edition of the World Youth Forum “Right to Dialogue” has been extended to June 30. The results for applications received by June 10 (the “old” deadline) will be disclosed by the first days of July; those for applications received between June 11 and 30 will be eventually disclosed, as soon as possible.
1. In order to obtain the contribution for their travel expenses, speakers are compelled to present the organizers their tickets (boarding passes too, in case of flights).
2. Participants are asked to deal with the organizers when it comes to plan the travel, in order to find out the less expensive and most suitable solutions.
3. Interested persons are advised to start working on their own in order to get a sponsorship in their countries to cover the travel costs, and to submit the sponsorship requests as soon as possible, also to allow the Forum organizers to support them as best as they can.
For more information, visit World Youth Forum.