Deadline: June 30,2015
Applications are now being accepted for the Barclays Africa Graduate Development Program. Opportunities are available in every country in which Barclays Africa operates – Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
On the programme for 12 to 18 months, you’ll be guided, moulded and trained – building up the skills and experience you’ll need to become a leader for our future. Every step of the way, you will receive training and support to keep your development on track.
Eligible candidates must
- be ambitious graduates.
- be eager to learn, ready to speak up, and focused clearly on what they want to achieve. These are the people who can put their careers into action – carving their own path while shaping our organisation for the future.
- have a postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in computer science, maths, statistics, finance, engineering, business science, informatics, law or risk management.
- have a less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (excluding temporary work during your full-time studies).
This 18-month journey will see you working with clients across a wide range of sectors, and with colleagues right across Barclays global organisation. This programme consists of 3 phases
- Phase one: The international orientation programme will showcase a fully global environment with local and London based training.Infrastructure graduates will undergo four weeks training in London, while Front Office graduates will complete an eight-week training programme. Training will cover various financial and technical courses as well as the relevant soft skills courses needed to assist you in successfully managing your career.
- Phase two: put your learning into action. Training will be on the job, as you take on real responsibilities and deliver work for live clients. But you won’t do this alone – your support network will be with you every step of the way.
- Phase three: you’ll continue to gain professional education that focuses on both your individualised development plan and more technical components
This offers an exceptionally broad introduction to business: Corporate Investment Banking and Internal Audit to Retail Banking and Group Treasury.This will broaden your experience as well as your skills over a 3 year period, through rotations across Barclays technical areas and specialist business units. You’ll also get to build a diverse network with key leaders – preparing you to plan your future career path with Barclays.
The SAICA Programme is open to graduates studying towards B.Com (Hons) / CTA or equivalent
The CIMA Programme is open to you if you’re completing studies that will exempt you up to the Managerial Level
You will be appointed on a 24-month training contract within Internal Audit, after which there will be scope to permanently appoint you as a high performing individual. On-the-job training will focus on your development – ensuring that you acquire the expected minimum skills relevant to the role in accordance with the Competency Framework.
You need to complete the four parts of the CIA exams so that at the end of year two, you will meet the Certified Internal Auditor’s (CIA) accreditation requirements.
Develop, grow and progress in many different ways. Each programme here will tailor your training accordingly: some offer rotations; in others you’ll specialize from the first day.
Register as a new candidate and login to apply.
Once you’ve registered and logged in you’ll need to choose the programme you want to apply to. Based on the apply button you clicked on the site you’ll want to make the following selections:
Position: Choose your position
Role: Choose your role
Location: Choose your location
Intake year: Choose your year
Business Area: Choose your Business Area
For more information visit Barclays Graduate Development Africa