2015 Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development
Deadline: November 30, 2015
Nominations are invited from individuals and organizations worldwide for the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development. The IDB Prize was established in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world. The Prize aims to RECOGNIZE, ENCOURAGE, INSPIRE and REWARD women’s participation in the socio-economic development process.
In order to highlight various issues shaping our world and their specific effects on women, the theme of the Prize varies each year and is further specified into topics for the individual and organization categories. The theme for this year is: Women’s Contribution to Water Resource Management.
To be eligible:
Women must meet the following requirements:
- Provide activities in the IDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Hold values, principles, and exhibit work that do not conflict with those of the IDB.
- Have projects/activities that are innovative and helped to improve access to safe and affordable water.
- Be nominated by an organization
Organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Be legally registered and work in the IDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Be a not-for-profit institution.
- Have women in the decision-making level of the organization.
- Hold values and principles and run operations that do not conflict with those of the IDB.Support projects/activities that have clearly helped to improve women’s participation in the decision-making process in water resources management.Be nominated by an independent organization.
Note: SELF NOMINATIONS OR NOMINATIONS BY INDIVIDUALS OR BY IDB STAFF WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The Prize consists of two cash awards;
a) U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
b) U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
How to Apply
Complete and Submit nomination form
To Nominate or Request Information, Please Contact;
Capacity Development Department
Islamic Development Bank
P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432
Tel: +966 12 646-6787/6722
Fax: +966 12 646-7828
Email: [email protected]