Hot Job: Financial Officer Needed at European Roma Rights Center
Deadline: June 19, 2015
Applications are invited for the post of Financial Officer at The European Roma Rights Center (ERRC). The ERCC is a public interest law organisation that defends the human rights of Roma throughout Europe and serves as a legal resource centre for advocates working in this field since 1996. The ERRC pursues its objectives by engaging in legal representation, research, monitoring and reporting, human rights education and international advocacy. The ERRC operations are primarily funded by strictly regulated donations, requiring timely and detailed reporting and control.
It seeks for a competent individual to serve as her Financial Officer. The Financial Officer handles financial matters related to projects, including project budget proposals and project financial reporting. She/he supports financial reporting towards management, board of directors, and project donors. She/he ensures compliance with project donor conditions and Hungarian financial regulations.
The Financial Officer will be responsible for:
- Preparing project budgets in close cooperation with Department Directors and Finance Director;
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting on projects run by ERRC;
- Ongoing Controlling and assessing project expenditure against budgets, preparation of quarterly forecasts;
- Extracting and copying financial receipts required for project donor reporting;
- Maintaining regular communication with project partners concerning finances;
- Providing project reports for auditing procedures and liaise with auditors as required;
- Supporting external accountants in maintaining a general ledger with sufficient cost center coding to enable necessary project,donor, ERRC and Hungarian regulation reporting;
- Helping operational staff members in understanding their budgets, and making payments, advances to consultants, service providers;
- Maintaining a filing system with original employment/service/consultants contracts, and ensuring all related documents are obtained (tax resident certificates, etc.);
- Contributing to the preparation for the annual audit;
- Maintaining record of leave time for all employees;
- Taking over accounting tasks of other Finance staff at times of his/her absence;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
Candidates applying should have:
- a degree in Finance and/or Accounting;
- At least 5 years’ experience in business planning, budgeting and reporting in an international organisation. (Experience in Project Fund/Foundation accounting an advantage);
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Advanced English both written and spoken;
- Advanced user abilities with Excel (other Microsoft programs an advantage);
- Familiarity with working in the Hungarian financial/tax environment.
To apply, submit the following to [email protected]
- a Motivation letter
- Detailed CV in English and Hungarian, together with reference contact details for two present or former employers (from immediate supervisor).
For more information, visit Job at ERCC.