Deadline: June 18, 2015
Internship opportunity is available at the Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW). CSW is a Christian organisation working for religious freedom through advocacy and human rights, in the pursuit of justice. It works in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, defending everyone’s right to freedom of religion or belief.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation. As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will work in the office in Brussels and assist to the highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of religious freedom and bringing the plight of those persecuted for their faith to the attention of EU governments and institutions, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), media and the general public.
The intern will be responsible
- To assist with the research and analysis of human rights (particularly freedom of religion or belief) information pertaining to a given country, region or situation, including developments at the EU level;
- To assist with the production, maintenance and distribution of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, supporters and internal use;
- To assist with the development of our Brussels-based social media presence;
- To assist with the planning and logistics of fact-finding visits and visiting delegations;
- To assist with the coordination of and follow-up tasks related to cooperation with major partners in Brussels and elsewhere, in particular the European Platform on Religious Intolerance and Discrimination (EPRID) and the Human Rights and Democracy Network (HRDN).
- This is a paid internship position. Intern will receive allowance of EUR 730 per month/gross.
Anyone that possesses the following can apply:
- Educated to at least bachelor degree level;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Understanding in written and spoken French;
- Microsoft Word and Outlook to advanced level, Excel to intermediate level;
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new information and detail;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, to ensure quality of research;
- Proven excellent research skills;
- Committed Christian in agreement with CSW’s vision;
- Committed to affirm, pray for and encourage the work of CSW.
- Download and fill in the application form.
- Send completed application form by email to [email protected] before the deadline. No need to include a CV.
- Application closes by the noon of June 18 (Brussels Time)