Apply: OpenCon 2015 for Students & Academic Professionals – Brussels, Belgium (Full Travel Scholarships)
Deadline: June 22, 2015
Applications are currently accepted for OpenCon 2015, a student and early career academic professional conference on Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data taking place on November 14-16, 2015 in Brussels, Belgium. Join the next generation of advocates & scholars to shape the future of Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. It is organized by the Right to Research Coalition, SPARC (The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition), and an Organizing Committee of students and early career researchers from around the world.
The meeting will convene students and early career academic professionals from around the world and serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation to advance OpenCon’s three focus areas—Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data. Participants for the conference will be selected through an application process. Full and partial travel scholarships will be available to cover the cost of attendance for qualified participants.
Through a program of keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, and hackathons, participants will build skills in key areas—from raising institutional awareness to coordinating national-level campaigns effectively.
These are some great reasons to apply for OpenCon;
- an excellent program of keynotes, panels, workshops and unconferences;
- the opportunity to connect with the best and brightest peers from around the world;
- time connect with global leaders; and,
- if selected, we’ll cover your costs to attend.
Applications for OpenCon 2015 are open! Most successful applicants will receive a scholarship to cover all or part of the cost of attendance including travel and accommodation. Attendance at OpenCon satellite events do not require an application.
- Students and early career academic professionals of all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have ideas for new projects and initiatives or already leading them.
- Applicants should have an interest in advancing Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data and a commitment to taking action.
Applications are now open until June 22nd at 23:59 PDT.
For more information, visit OpenCon 2015 with a Full Travel Scholarship.