Apply for the Atlas Corps Fellowship, USA (Paid)
Deadline: Ongoing (Priority Deadline: July 15, 2015)
Atlas Corps is currently accepting applications for its paid fellowship program in the USA. The Atlas Corps Fellowship lasts 6-18 months and is offered three times a year. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, develop leadership skills, and learn nonprofit best practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows who are skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- 35 years or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 6-18 month fellowship
This prestigious fellowship includes:
- health insurance,
- enrollment in Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab,
- flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
July 15 – Priority deadline for the January Fellowship.
July 15 – October 15: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
November 1-30: Most final decisions made this month.
January: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
November 1 – Priority deadline for the May Fellowship.
November 1 – February 28: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
March 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
May: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
March 15 – Priority deadline for the September Fellowship.
March 15 – June 30: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
July 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
September: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
Note: Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.
How to Apply
- Apply via the Atlas Corps Application Portal.
- The application consists of background information, personal biography, essays, and letters of recommendation (2-3 letters).
- Review: applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Atlas Corps staff and nonprofit sector, government, and business leaders from multiple countries. English writing tests and phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host Organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host Organizations will make their final recommendations to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will notify the selected candidates.