Apply: Ola Foundation Internship Program 2015
Deadline: July 24, 2015
Applications are open for the 2015 Ola Foundation Internship Program. The Ola Foundation is an NGO focused on nuturing African prodigies by developing their talent and giving it expression. The internship program will run for three weeks starting from August 1st – 22nd, 2015 in Lagos, Nigeria.
During the first three weeks, participants will be assigned to captains of industries depending on their interests. The program will conclude with a summit on August 22, 2015 at Microsoft Training Room Mulliner Towers, Ikoyi. During which they will have sessions with a life coach, develop their soft skills and also showcase skills they have learnt.
About Ola Foundation
The Ola Foundation is a formidable platform designed to inspire, discover, nurture and project the potentials of teenagers (13 – 17 years) in Nigeria by challenging them to achieve true potential. Through a hybrid of Internships, BootCamps and Outdoor Adventure activities the ultimate impact of our foundation will be reflected in an overall challenger mindset, increase in self-awareness of young people and an increase in the socioeconomic development in Africa in a long term.
The first two weeks will feature an internship program during which participants will be assigned to captains of industries across 6 industries. Below are the available categories for internship placement through Ola Foundation
- Spoken Word Poetry: Interns in this field will have their imaginations broadened as they are mentored by Atilola in in the fine art of performance based poetry and storytelling (Spoken words) that will improve the intern’s communication skills.
- Shoe Making: Interns here will be placed with one of our partners, ShoeSpeed during which they will learn the basics of creating a successful shoe brand. Interns will be required to give a hands-on presentation at the Summit on August 23rd, 2015 to showcase how far they’ve been able to stretch their imaginations with the basic skills acquired.
- Electrical Engineering: Engineering is fun and entertaining and interns in this area will understand the full scope of how much more is possible to accomplish in the various areas of engineering. Interns will be placed at Nitram Frost Ltd and will be required to give a hands-on presentation at the Summit on August 23rd, 2015 to showcase how far they’ve been able to stretch their imaginations with the basic skills acquired under their mentor during the internship.
- Baking: Here interns will learn from master bakers at ‘Nuts About Cakes’ here in Lagos, Nigeria. If you envision creating tasty, world-class recipes, this opportunity is for you! Interns will be required to give a hands-on presentation at the Summit on August 23rd, 2015 to showcase how far they’ve been able to stretch their imaginations with the basic skills acquired.
- Fashion: Teens in this category will carry out their internship with OUCH Fashion.
- A stipend will be provided for participants to cover the costs of commuting daily from their homes to their internship venues.
- Open to teenagers between 15 and 17 years
For more information, visit Ola Foundation Internship Program.