Deadline: August 24, 2015
The Think Tank Fund announces the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program. The Think Tank Young Professional Development Program intends to attract recent graduates of MA and PhD programs in the social sciences and humanities to select think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe, South Eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union, giving them an opportunity to gain firsthand policy research and advocacy experience at a renowned think tank in the region.
The program is designed to benefit both young returning professionals and their host organizations. It enables participating think tanks to recruit young researchers originally from the region who recently graduated from universities in the OECD countries, including the Central European University in Hungary. Depending on a research topic, individual programs at hosting organizations will last up to 6 months and start from November 2015.
With this initiative, the Think Tank Fund aims to support up to fifteen individuals per year to assume posts in think tanks that are interested in such a possibility.
- The award cannot exceed 7,000 USD per paid position.
- The Think Tank Fund will cover a gross compensation/salary for the paid position (at the level of the hosting organization’s pay for junior research staff), and other reasonable expenses that are essential for carrying out the work engagement.
- The award will not cover any administrative and mentorship costs incurred by the hosting think tank as these costs will be the contribution of the hosting organization to the program.
- Have graduated in the past three years with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, or Ukraine;
- Be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and the working language of the host organization.
To be considered for the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program, applying graduates should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments) to [email protected]
- Motivation/Cover letter
- Brief Action plan
- Draft Budget in US
- Curriculum Vita
- Supporting Letter from a hosting organization