Deadline: July 31, 2015
Youth Initiative for Human Rights is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Sarajevo Youth Summit, considered to be the biggest gathering of youth leaders in the Western Balkans this year. The Sarajevo Youth Summit will give the opportunity for youth voices to be heard and for youth from the Western Balkans to exchange experiences about the issues they feel are relevant and important for the region’s future. They will also share knowledge and experiences of activists from (post)conflict societies and emerging democracies that could be significant for the Western Balkans.
The Summit seeks to educate, connect and inspire the world’s future leaders in the fields of human rights, transitional justice, political transition and anti-discrimination. It also provides a space for young activists to build relationships with each other, to collaborate across borders, to deepen their knowledge on key issues by sharing information, and to develop practical skills. The summit will take place from October 14-16, 2015 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Participants will have the opportunity to build their leadership skills.
- They will benefit from and contribute to the creation of a platform for cooperation and dialogue between prospective leaders from the Western Balkans, as well as with decision-makers within the EU.
- Young people will have the possibility to present to EU officials their visions of the region’s problems.
Participants will have to choose to work in one of the three panel groups:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – What Next?
- Regional Youth Exchange Program;
- Global Perspective.
More about the panels here.
Youth Initiative for Human Rights will cover all costs, including transportation, visa delivering, accommodation and working materials.
- Students or recent graduates of the social sciences, human rights activists and/or members of youth political parties from Western Balkans or EU are eligible to apply;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in human rights activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide;
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply;
- Applicants should demonstrate commitment to and experience in human rights issues and be proficient in both spoken and written English.
Complete the online application form which consists of the following:
- Personal Details;
- Letter of Motivation.
Please contact [email protected] for enquiries.
For more information, visit Sarajevo Youth Summit.