Enter the Green-Go Short Film Contest
Deadline: September 15, 2015
Applications are invited by CEEweb for Biodiversity for the Green-Go Short Film Contest. CEEweb is a network of over 60 non-governmental environmental organisations in the Central and Eastern European region established in 1994. Their mission is the conservation of biodiversity through the promotion of sustainable development. CEEweb for Biodiversity has been organizing Green-Go short film contest since 2011.
Are you concerned to hear of children risking their health and lives working in gold mines? Is it shocking for you to imagine that once blooming nature is not here anymore? You can’t agree that fair trade is just a short-lived fashion? The organisers of Green-Go Short Film Contest are waiting for attention grabbing short films focused on consumption, resource extraction and the benefits of Europe’s nature. They expect films that raise awareness about specific problem or show a solution. Make a film in the following three themes that has a high impact on citizens and decision makers and calls them to act so our world becomes a better place to live.
You can submit your short film in the following 3 categories:
- Our Footprint on Earth: Make a film about overconsumption or the innovative ways to change or reduce it! Raise awareness and inspire others!
- Two Faces of Exploitation: Shoot a film and raise your voice for the protection of people and nature!
- You are Part of Nature. Live with it: Make your stance for European nature!
The received short films will be selected based on:
- Strength of social, environmental and conservation messages;
- Potential impact on citizens and decision makers;
- Category winners: gift voucher worth EUR 700 in an acclaimed online store;
- One public award for the film collecting the most votes on the Green-Go website: gift voucher worth EUR 500 in an acclaimed online store.
- The winning and other selected films will be showed to the public in high level events.
- The entry film should be maximum 4 minutes, but 60-90 seconds preferably;
- Any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc.) is accepted;
- Any film format, high resolution films (at least 720 px wide);
- Entry film should make an impact.
- Candidates must fill out the online application form. Before you start to fill the form, read FAQ and guide about how to transfer your film.
- Films can be of any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc.)
- Send the original film file (in any film format) via the below detailed file transfer websites in high resolution (at least 720 px wide)
- Besides the film file, also send the following files via Wetransfer (up to 2GB file size) or via My Air Bridge (up to 5GB file size):
- Time-coded subtitle file in English (.srt format). A separate time-coded subtitle file must be attached also to films without dialogues but with floating titles/texts. Only English subtitles are accepted!
- 3 screenshots from the short film (.jpg format)
- One applicant can only submit a maximum of three films (separate online application should be filled out for each).
- The winners of each of the three categories will be decided by a jury by October 15, 2015.
If you have any questions, email Erzsebet Ohegyi at [email protected]
For more information, visit Green-Go Short Film Contest.