Deadline: September 15, 2015
The IDEX Global Fellows Program is now open for applications. Aspiring social leaders from across the world are invited to apply to become one of the next IDEX Fellows. The program brings together a select number of individuals to take part in six-months of intrapreneurial leadership training across India. Fellows gain emerging market experience while working hands on with socially-focused enterprises who deliver high impact solutions in local and global communities.
IDEX Global Fellows Program will offers two fellowship cycles per year – January and July. Applications are currently open for the six month accelerator program starting in January 2016.
About the Fellowship
During the six-month fellowship cycle, IDEX fellows work full-time with a social enterprise partner (in India), in addition to completing IDEX’s Intrapreneur Leadership Training. In the past, Fellows have worked on projects ranging from supporting education organizations in community outreach programs to leading expansion planning for multi-city operations to expanding the networks of a health services company in India to Kenya.
After the Fellowship program, IDEX Fellows continue to pursue social impact careers, with 90% of alumni currently working with socially progressive enterprises such as Gray Matters Capital, Village Capital, Calvert Foundation, Commonwealth Ventures, Bridge International Academies, Ashoka, Omidyar Network, and Unltd India. IDEX continues to support and cultivate our Fellow community long after the fellowship program through the IDEX 2.0 Alumni Network.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Age limit: 21-35 years old
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Ability to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will provide more information on the business visa application process).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Applicants should have:
- Two professional references;
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities;
- Demonstrated passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for low-income communities;
- Ability to work in new and challenging environments with limited resources;
- Willingness to work with low-income populations in developing economies and demonstrated practical skills in relationship building, cultural sensitivity and thrive in a start-up environment;
- High interest in working in emerging markets;
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues;
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments;
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying; creative solutions to deepen impact;
- Committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital in their personal growth and professional development.
Tuition for the 2015 Global Fellows Program is $3,500 USD and covers all educational expenses of the program. Tuition is payable prior to program orientation.
Tuition does not cover:
- Tuition does not cover airfare or travel to/from placement city, visa costs or daily living expenses during program such as food or utilities.
- Daily living expenses, such as food, utilities and other miscellaneous expenses.
Stipend and Scholarship
Housing is covered in full by the social enterprise partner. Fellows are not responsible for paying or securing housing during the six-month program. Housing accommodations are arranged by IDEX program staff and enterprise partners.
Fellows will receive a modest monthly living stipend (approx. $100-$150 USD/month) towards the fellow’s cost of living expenses.
Through generous funding from Gray Matters Capital Foundation, IDEX is able to a limited number of full and partial scholarships for the 2015 Program to select candidates.
- Fellows must first apply and be accepted into the fellowship program in order to receive awarded funding.
- Scholarship funding will be used towards program tuition.
- Scholarships are based on funding availability.
- Application submission does not guarantee full or partial funding.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
through generous funding from Gray Matters Capital Foundation, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates. All scholarships awarded will be applied towards the fellows tuition and are non-monetary. To learn more about IDEX Scholarships, click here.
For more information, visit IDEX Global Fellowship.