2015 Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition for Social Entrepreneurs – Win Rwf 14 Million and more!
Deadline: August 21, 2015
Tigo Rwanda invites social entrepreneurs to enter the 2015 Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition. The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition seeks social entrepreneurs with innovative solutions that will contribute to a better life for society and create impact for future generations.
Are you working to improve community and the lives of children in a big way? Are you using digital tools and technology* to scale and grow your impact? Do you have a strong desire to promote children’s rights, an innovative idea to change the world for children, and the passion and the drive to create this change? This is your chance to make it happen!
If selected you will receive financial support of Rwf 14 Million for one year, as well as coaching from experienced business people to help you turn your idea into a sustainable venture. Become a hero. Become a Digital Changemaker.
The selected individuals will receive
- Tools to develop and support their ideas and develop as leaders.
- Mentorship and advice from senior Tigo employees and support from Reach for Change
- Access to a network of existing social entrepreneurs
- Organizational funding of RWF 14 Million, that will enable these individuals to focus full-time on developing their ideas and organization.
- Social entrepreneurs with different kinds of programs can apply.
- Entrepreneurs who do not have digital at the core of their operation can apply, as long as there is the potential for digital technology to be used in some way to increase the impact of their work.
- Have entrepreneurial skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have a passion for social change
- Be the leader of the organisation established to deliver the idea
The idea must:
- Be innovative, creative, and fresh
- Be early-stage or ready to grow
- Be something doable, clear & focussed
- Have potential for great social impact for children and society
- Have potential to be system changing
- Be scalable in order to reach many children
- Have a sustainable financing plan
- Use or have the potential to use mobile, broadband, digital and/or information technology as part of the solution, to scale the impact, or to improve the quality of the impact
- Promote connectivity and access to communication
How to Apply
- Click here for further information about the application process.
For more information, visit Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition.