Deadline: July 23, 2015.
African Management Initiative (AMI) has collaborated with the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) Enterprise Development Academy to recruit fifty women entrepreneurs, to participate in the Winning Women programme. This is a scholarship opportunity which is specifically focused on women entrepreneurs.
The AMI Winning Women Programme is a six month online and in-person programme designed for women entrepreneurs who want to apply for their first bank loan to expand their business. The programme is supported by the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) to help women entrepreneurs prepare their business for a business loan and navigate the application process. By the end of the programme, the entrepreneur will have the opportunity to submit a sample loan application and have it reviewed by loan officers from a leading South African bank.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship opportunity:
- You must be a women entrepreneur who owns a business
- Your business must have an annual revenue of at least R200 000
- You must not yet have accessed formal SME loans (although you may have accessed group lending products)
- You must have access to the internet
- Have access to a series of short online courses on how to raise debt finance as well as other business courses on topics ranging from marketing to finance and writing a business plan.
- Have access to an online community where they will connect with peers and access coaching and development tools.
- Attend two in-person Winning Women workshops in Johannesburg.
How To Apply
Complete the online form.