World Federation of Neurology: Fellowship Positions For African Neurologists
Deadline: August 7, 2015
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) is pleased to partner with two WFN Teaching Centres – The Department of Neurology of Mohamed V Souissi University, Rabat, Morocco and the Department of Neurology of Cairo University – on two Visiting Fellow Programmes for newly trained African neurologists.
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) has 117 member societies and aims to foster brain health worldwide, working in partnership with the World Health Organisation (WHO) amongst others.
- Mohamed V Souissi University, Rabat, Morocco:
The fellowship will offer a 4 year neurology training course. Start date: September 2015. The training for the four-year course in Rabat will include general and sub-specialty neurologic patient care, electromyography, electroencephalography, and more
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt:
The fellowship will offer a 1 year neurology fellowship in English – Start date: September 2015 The one-year fellowship option in Rabat will be in Neurophysiology.
Training will be conducted in French in Morocco and in English in Egypt.
In addition to graduation from a medical school (for all positions), for the 1-year fellowship positions the applicant must have recently completed his/her neurology training and be ranked 1st in his/ her final evaluation of the last year of neurology training.
- The applicant must be a resident of an African country
- The applicant must be born after 31.12.1975
- French proficiency: oral and written for the position in Rabat, Morocco; or English proficiency: oral and written for the position in Cairo, Egypt.
The visiting fellow will receive the following support for the training period (4 years or 1 year in Rabat, Morocco/ 1 year in Cairo, Egypt)
- Reimbursement for one economy round ticket from the Fellow’s country of residence to Rabat, Morocco or Cairo, Egypt (once per year)
- Free accommodation
- A monthly allowance for living expenses (food and beverage)
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must submit their CV, a supporting statement indicating which training programme they wish to apply, and a letter of recommendation from their Head of Department by Friday, 7 August 2015 by email to [email protected].
For more information, visit World Foundation of Neurology.