New Internship Positions at LDI Africa – Washington, DC
Deadline: August 31, 2015
Applications are now open for Internship Positions at LDI Africa in Washington DC. These internships are unpaid with a time commitment of 20 hours per week for four to six month. LDI Africa is currently looking for Program Manager Interns and a Program Development/Social Media Intern.
About LDI Africa
LDI Africa is a nonprofit social enterprise that promotes service, empowers leaders, and builds the capacity of African businesses and nonprofit organizations. LDI Africa bolsters African businesses’ competitive edge in the global marketplace through the service of skilled volunteers. Through pro-bono consulting, LDI Africa Fellowships position Africa’s emerging businesses on the path of sustainable growth. Fellows also understand doing business in the US, and are able to apply their overseas experience to organizations in emerging markets— Africa.
1. Program Manager Intern- Two interns
2. Program Development and Social Media Intern- One intern
Program Manager Intern
- Recruitment— Support host organization recruitment efforts;- researching and reaching out to potential organizations, responding to inquiries and preparing partnership proposals.
- Coordination and Logistics— Support the Program Manager and CEO in planning and virtually coordinating events involving the LDI Africa fellowship program. This includes fellow and Hosts orientation programs as well as recruitment events.
- Programming — Support EIFP application process, this include reviewing applications, interviewing and vetting candidates, and support the process of placing fellows to host organizations. Program Intern will work with Program Director to develop new application system for Fellow application, using tools like LinkedIn app, F6s and Wizehive.
- Training — Manage professional development opportunities for fellows and other members of the team. This includes the Fellows Speaker Series researching and training staff on new tools that can help increase performance and internal/external collaboration.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed
Development and Social Media Intern
- Development — Support LDI Africa’s fundraising campaign strategy: crowdfunding, grant applications, corporate sponsorship and donor research.
- Database and website management — Build and maintain existing systems for newsletter subscribers using tools like MailChimp, SalesForce and Virtual Response. Also ensure the website and related social media pages are kept up to date.
- Strategy — Lead the organization’s overarching social media strategy, setting clear goals that will support more LDI Africa campaigns efforts as well as telling the organization’s story. This including implementing the ongoing Fellow Chronicles and Partner Spotlight Series.
- Innovation — Know best practices, but also experiment with and innovate new ways of using Social Media networks to make an impact.
- Analytic — Manage systems to monitor activity across our social media channels, assess our impact, and evaluate the success of our strategy; regularly update other staff about our performance
- Quality control and risk management — Implement systems to prevent distribution of content that is inaccurate, inappropriate, or poses a reputation risk
Requirements for both positions
We want technologically savvy candidates who are able to work in team as well as independently
- Candidates must be located in the Washington DC Metro Area
- Nonprofit/Social enterprise experience, and experience in a domestic or international volunteer service program will be an asset
- Must have a personal computer
- Must be able to commit at least 20 hours a week
How to apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please state the following – in the subject line <Your Name and the position you are applying>, Your cover letter should include the start and end dates and hours you are available to work. We have multiple projects going on so we are very interested in candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Deadline: All applications must be received by August 31, 2015 at 5:00 pm EST. Any application received after this time will not be reviewed.
For more information, visit LDI Africa.