The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Program For Global Educators
Deadline: October 30, 2015
Are you a self-driven educator who inspires students with outside-the-box thinking and a true collaborative spirit? The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Program is for you! The MIE Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
MIE Experts work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
This program is open to educators around the world.
The MIE Expert program is a 3-year program. If at the end of three years, you want to continue as an expert, you will need to complete a new self-nomination form and demonstrate that you have continued to grow as an educator by learning new technologies and applying them in your classroom in innovative ways.
- Receive publicity and promotion via social media and other Microsoft channels.
- Professional and career development opportunities and certifications.
- Share your expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations.
- Present in Microsoft’s global EduCast Webinar series.
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to a development teams on Microsoft products.
- Join invitation-only special events from Microsoft.
- Share your passion for Microsoft with peers and policymakers, and through social media, blogs and videos.
- Test out new products while in beta form.
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations, and by attending events.
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by training and coaching colleagues and inviting them to join the online Microsoft Educator Community.
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe using Skype in the Classroom.
- Host regional events showcasing uses of Microsoft technology in the classroom.
- Achieve eligibility to attend the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange Event (E2), Spring 2016.
MIE Experts will be selected by the regional Microsoft representative based on the quality of the responses to the self-nominations form, the level of innovation and use of Microsoft tools described in the learning activity and the level of detail in how becoming a part of the program will impact both teaching and student learning.
For more information, visit Microsoft Educator Network.