Asia-Europe Foundation Photo Competition
Deadline: September 6, 2015
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) invites photographers to participate in On the Go Photo Competition. This competition is to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). “On the Go” theme is the motion and the pace of life in Asia and Europe, illustrating those moments how Asians and Europeans can be different — and yet so alike. The competition seeks photographs that suggest new perspectives of seeing the differences and similarities between Asia and Europe by showing people and scenes in motion, captured in everyday situations in Asia or Europe.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) promotes understanding, strengthens relationships and facilitates cooperation among the people, institutions and organisations of Asia and Europe. ASEF enhances dialogue, enables exchanges and encourages collaboration across the thematic areas of culture, economy, education, governance, public health and sustainable development.
- The first two winning entries will be selected by a distinguished international jury and one additional photograph will be chosen by the public through online voting. Prizes will be awarded to all 3 finalists.
- Winning entries and a further selection of photos will be showcased in various international exhibitions and published in a photo book.
- The competition is open to emerging and professional photographers.
- Participants should be at least 18 years old from ASEM countries.
- They should be able to provide an eligible proof of one of the above mentioned nationalities. Participants who fail to do so will be disqualified.
- Only online entries are accepted.
- All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 2,000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,000 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
- Minimum resolution of 300 DPI is required;
- The standard colour space for the judging process is sRGB;
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the competition participant;
- By submitting an entry, the contestant confirms that he/she owns the right to all her/his photo(s);
- The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Entries depicting violence, racism, pornography, or any other issues that stand against ASEF values will result in immediate disqualification;
- Each photograph must be accompanied with a caption (maximum 200 characters);
- Only captions in English will be accepted for the entry to the competition.
Complete the Online Application Form. All required information must be duly completed (including all the required particulars of each Participant).
For more information, visit ASEF Photo Competition.